Welcome to North West Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service
As of 1st February 2016 we are now known as NWCATS (North West Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service), this is because we are also working across the North West with other CCGs and provide services in East and West Lancashire. In the last seven year GMCATS has provided:
- 951,000 different appointments.
- 42,000 procedures and dealt with 115,000 different diagnostics tests.
We have seen over 400,000 patients and been operational for over 30,000 hours.
The majority of our patients are seen within 2 weeks and 98% of patients are discharged within 56 days. Our units are open seven days a week 8am – 8pm.
Consistently 99% of our patients’ rate our services as ‘Good,’ Excellent’ or ‘Very Good’ and would recommend us to family & friends. For more information and to keep up to date with our services you can follow us on Twitter @NHS_NWCATS.
North West Clinical Assessment & Treatment Service (NWCATS) provides community based services across the North West from both our innovative mobile clinical units and fixed sites.
The range of services and specialities includes:
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Gastroenterology / Endoscopy Orthopaedics (MSK) –Lower Limb, Spinal, Upper Limb and Foot & Ankle
- Physiotherapy / Podiatry Urology Gynaecology
Supported by a full range of diagnostics & procedures, including:
- Nerve Conduction Study
Patients referred to NWCATS benefit from:
- Referral Pathway Management appointments – scheduling the first appointment in the most appropriate clinic with all tests and investigations completed prior to the face to face consultation, reducing unnecessary follow-up appointments
- Shorter wait times for face to face consultations
- Excellent patient satisfaction scores
- Simple, local & convenient services for patients in the community
- Integrated working with other healthcare providers & hospitals
- Extended opening times, including appointments in the evening and weekend
- Dedicated booking and administration team open 8am to 8pm
- Free parking